Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In the Pink....


Over the past couple of weeks I've managed to get stuck into creating some sort of order from the chaos in my sewing/craftroom. In the middle of it all, I made a conscious decision to dedicate this year to using up some of the patterns and kits that I have accumulated over the years.
Now this was going to be a challenge-- it's pretty hard with all the gorgeous new stock arriving in the shop every day to even think about using things from my stash at home. So to make it easier, I made a little deal with myself - for every item I use from my stash, I would be allowed to treat myself to something new from the shop (where's the logic in that - I don't know).
So last week I pulled out Monica Spicer's "Patches" pattern which had been sitting in my "must get around to this" pile for the past 18 months!! As a reward for finally rescuing the pattern from the pile, I chose the most beautiful piece of "hand-dyed by Kim" pink mohair which Kim had just hung up to sell....(I can resist chocolate, but there is no way I can resist PINK mohair)
Lo and behold, my little PINK Patches was born. Take a look at her cuddling her apple green security blanky... isn't she just too cute.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment